It’s almost the end of another year and just like in the previous years this is the time for me to reflect on what happened in 2011 as we prepare to move forward and welcome 2012.
I have written 79 articles this year; not my most active year in blogging but it is one of the most consistent one because I tried to write an article at least once a week to cover a great topic.
Based on stats, here are the top 10 favorites in MV Tech Blog in 2011:
10. Top 10 Business Models in 2010: ”A compilation of successful business models in 2010.” In this article the business models of successful startups such as Airbnb, Groupon and Spotify were revealed.
9. Does Texting Affect Your Spelling?: ”When you use a lot of abbreviations or text speak, does texting really affect your ability in spelling? There are still debates whether this is true or not.” I did a lot of research on this subject and I found out that it is still best to use proper spelling. I this article I showed my stand against improper abbreviation and spelling as a result of technology.
8. Run Android on PC with BlueStacks App Player and Cloud Connect: In this article I showed how easy it is to run Android on PC using BlueStacks App Player and sync Android apps from your mobile using Cloud Connect. Not all apps work out of the box because it is still in alpha.
7. Browser Wars Illustrated: “So true and funny. This art is compelling beyond words.” This is about an illustration depicting Firefox and Chrome fighting along with IE eating glue.
6. Facebook Japan Unique Feature: Blood Type: “In Japan, users can post their blood type on their profile. Why can’t we have this feature globally?”
5. Free Facebook Mobile Access (Philippines Promo): “You don’t need to own a smartphone running iOS or Android to enjoy Facebook mobile. It is free for up to 90 days on Globe and Smart promo.”
4. Google Black Navigation Bar: Remove, Disable or Change It: ”Google Black Menu Bar (codename ‘Sandbar’) is a toolbar that attempts to unify all Google properties. Don’t want the black bar? Remove, disable or change it.” Apparently many people wish to change its color.
3. Bluetooth Problems with Ovi Suite on Windows 7: “Dear Nokia, screwing up your software will seriously discourage more people to buy any Nokia phone in the future.” I hardly used any Nokia phones nowadays but this article is popular.
2. Kindle Comparison Chart – Kindle Fire vs. Others: ”Kindle comparison chart comparing all Kindle versions, and Kindle Fire against iPad 2 and Nook.” This is not a surprise. Kindle Fire is the only significantly successful Android tablet that came out this year.
1. How to Wisely Use DFA Passport Appointment System: “For first time Philippine passport applicants and for those who are renewing their passport, here are my tips from my experience on DFA appointment system.” This article turned out to be very helpful.
Well, as I reflect on these articles I noticed that there is no Apple headline at all. I’m not sure why but I did cover Apple.
I wish I have the luxury of time to collate the best tweets and retweets that I received this year but I can’t.
To all the readers and online buddies, thank you very much for being part of this wonderful year.
So long 2011. Let’s welcome 2012!