PLDT launched ID-DSL on September 15 featuring very low overseas calling rates. ID-DSL stands for International Dialing for DSL.
When using their proprietary dialing software Voicepad, you pay only 8 cents a minute for all Small Biz plans, plan 3000 and plan 2500. You pay 12 cents a minute when using plan 1995 and plan 999.
Otherwise when you are using your telephone you pay 10 cents a minute for all Small Biz plans, plan 3000 and plan 2500. You pay 15 cents a minute when using plan 1995 and plan 999.
Here\’s the catch: there is a P50 monthly fee and lock-in period of 12 months. There\’s a promo (I don\’t know if it\’s already over) that gives you free two monthly fee.
You may want to subscribe to this service if:
- You don\’t know how to use Skype or any other VoIP softwares
- You don\’t like the flactuating quality of VoIP that may happen from time to time
- You want to use a phone instead of using headset with VoIP service
- You\’re a fan of PLDT services (you\’re a rarity!)
You will probably bail out of ID-DSL if:
- You discovered that Skype is cheaper
You only pay only 2 US cents per minute for US calls, and there\’s no service fees.
- You prefer VoIP because you don\’t trust PLDT\’s bad reputation for customer support
- You don\’t like the lock-in period of one whole year
- You don\’t have a PLDT DSL subscription
Of course, this service is not for everyone. For more information, please visit the official PLDT DSL website.
Link:(note: 482.73 KB image)